MMDI Personality Test Results

      I took the MMDI personality test that was offered to us on the Blackboard site.  The results showed that I am an even split between having an ENFJ personality and an ESFJ personality.  Both of these personalities reflect who I am very well.  ENFJ personalities seek to find personal growth in others such as teammates and peers.  They also will push the group to reach its potential but will not push hard enough to cause interpersonal problems amongst the group as they value harmony in relationships.  The ESFJ personality is very similar, they also value harmony in relationships and promote cooperation and teamwork.  Oftentimes they value the needs of others more that their own needs.  I think that having a mixture of these personalities is great for an aspiring PE teacher.  Teamwork is essential in sports and in a lot of PE activities, however, it is also important to push the students to succeed at their highest potential.  I also think that coming into a PE setting with my personality traits will have a positive impact on my relationship with my students.  I believe that the students will recognize that I want them to succeed to their highest potential and I value our relationship and want to create a positive, harmonious learning environment for them.  Also, I believe as a teacher we should prioritize the needs and feelings of our students over our own.

Comments